Resources & Questions clients frequently ask me
Cat Groomers outside my service area: Groomers dedicated to holistic and/or force-free methods are hard to find. I administer a holistic cat grooming group on Facebook & may be able to recommend a cat groomer in another state who is a member of the Holistic Cat Groomers Alliance.
Dog Groomers: Wet Whisker specializes in felines, yet I still get requests to groom dogs. Try these businesses which specialize in dogs.
- Studio Fifty-Fur: Mobile van dog grooming. 630-559-6219 Joan & I went to the same grooming academy.
- Scrubby Doo Mobile Doggie Spa: Mobile van dog grooming. 847-544-8120
- Pawfect Styles: Holistic oriented Salon at 728 S Main St
Lombard, Illinois. (630) 254-5237 Facebook page
What were those treats you gave my cat & where can I find them?
- Stella & Chewy’s Carnivore Crunch, Duck. Available at independent retailers including:
- All Things Woof & Meow in Roselle. They also have Yeow! brand catnip
- Natural Pet in Wheaton
- Healthy Pet in Aurora (also sells Yeow!)
- Wet Nose in Oak Brook & Geneva
- Animal Feeds & Needs in Arlington Hts
- Pet Supplies Plus at some locations
- Wildside Salmon
- Natural Pet, Healthy Pet, & Wet Nose
What tools did you recommend?
Long-haired Cats: Follow the instructions I gave for your cat’s fur.
- Metal Combs: Coarse/Medium (greyhound style), staggered teeth (teasing), & fine/super fine- also called face/feet comb (Pictured)
- Undercoat Rake: Double row of pointed teeth, preferably rotating. Blunt tipped pins will not remove any fur.
- Zoom Groom Curry Brush: A purple colored, soft rubber brush by Kong. Follow with a metal comb.
- A very soft, cat slicker brush
- Brush: natural boar hair, brass pin, or wooden pin brush
- V shaped rake: metal pins & wooden handle. On some cats the V works better than the double row & vice versa. Ask me which works on your cat’s fur at your appointment.
Short-haired Cats: Same, except a single row rake & no wide-toothed combs.
Where can you purchase these tools? Occasionally, I carry fine tooth combs for clients to purchase. The Groomers Mall carries some of the items above in inexpensive versions. In the future, I’ll update with model #’s from their site. You may also purchase professional grade, which may be 5x or more the price you’d pay for the inexpensive tools. Ask me about ordering at your next appointment.